Supporting the Heritage Trust and MLC
The Museum and Learning Centre (MLC) at the Brightside Ground is run and funded by the Heritage Trust, an independent Registered Charity. The Charity raises funds to manage the MLC and protect the illustrious history of history of Gloucestershire County Cricket Club. With your help we can further educate our community in the heritage of the club and further invest in our teaching strategies. There are several ways to support us:
Support us today
Notice: Test mode is enabled. While in test mode no live donations are processed.
The Heritage Trust also produce an occasional series of booklets on aspects of the Club’s rich history. Current Titles available include:
- How a letter to an M.C.C. President proved the record books wrong about the identity of Charlie Greenway
- The Story of the West of England XI during the Wartime Years of 1944 and 1945
- Details of Gloucestershire Cricketers killed during the Great War
- Plans for a Gloucestershire Tour to India during the Winter of 1936-37 and the reasons why it didn’t happen
No’s. 1 – 4. Available in the Museum and Learning Centre at £5.00 for each booklet
Any Three Publications for £12.00 or all four for £15.00
Further booklets have now been published
5. The History of a Club Competition whose demise led to the formation of the Bristol & District League, still in existence 130 years later
6. How the discovery of contemporary correspondence led to a rewrite of W.G’s youngest son’s 1939 Wisden obituary
7. The story of an occasional Gloucestershire cricketer who made his early living as a watercress grower and club professional in England, Scotland and Ireland before turning to coaching
8. A week of cricket played at the Wagon Works ground in Gloucester in 1943 as part of the government sponsored Holidays at Home effort
No’s. 5 – 8 Available in the Museum and Learning Centre at £6.00 for each booklet
Any Three Publications for £15.00 or all four for £20.00
Become a Friend of the MLC
You can become a Friend of the MLC by giving an annual donation of £10 or, for convenience, you can have a 3-year membership for £30. Any donations above these amounts will be very gratefully received.
- Your name displayed in the record of “Friends of the MLC” in the museum
- A discount on ticket prices for Heritage Trust events
- The satisfaction of knowing that you’re playing your part in preserving the precious history of our club for the future generations
If this is of interest, please fill in the form below and we will be in touch.
The MLC is open on match days for an hour before play and during the lunch interval. We are always looking for people to help us during this time, engaging our audience in the club’s heritage and helping our members to organise our displays.
The role of a volunteer at the Museum & Learning Centre is a custodial one – welcoming and recording visitors to the MLC. Volunteers do not necessarily need to be knowledgeable about Cricket but will need a short session familiarization and introduction to the MLC.